Palmer Scholars Program
The Arnold D. and Winifred W. Palmer Scholars Program was established through the generous support from the Palmer Family and the Arnold D. and Winifred W. Palmer Foundation. The Palmer Scholars program provides opportunities for graduates of Greater Latrobe Senior High School with exemplary academic and leadership skills to receive the benefits of a Saint Vincent education. It will prepare them for successful careers and meaningful lives that resonate with principles of excellence, integrity and service embodied by Arnold and Winifred Palmer.
The 2017-2018 class of scholars includes:
Levi Baum, history, secondary education and special education teaching certificate
Jacob Etling, computer science
Antonio Noble, business administration
Mary Person, biology, pre-veterinary studies
In addition to the merit scholarships received by incoming freshmen, students selected as Palmer Scholars will each receive an additional $3,000 scholarship to be applied to their tuition each year. The Palmer Scholars Program offers student participants opportunities to engage in research with the Palmer archives and to do community service learning at the Winner Palmer Nature Reserve.
Scholarships will be renewed annually, based on the students’ maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
How to Apply
This application is for the four-year Arnold D. and Winifred W. Palmer Scholars Program.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
- Complete and submit an Admission application to Saint Vincent College.
- Students must have a 3.5 QPA at Greater Latrobe Senior High School, and apply and be accepted to Saint Vincent College, to begin classes in the fall of 2018.
- Please write an essay, no longer than 2 pages, double-spaced. In addition to your own comments explaining your experience and course work to date, please ensure that you answer the following questions in your essay:
- Are you familiar with the lives of Winnie and Arnie Palmer? If so, in what capacity?
- How do you think their lives can serve as a model for you?
- What are your future plans?
Submit essay to Christina Andrae (email@example.com) by March 15, 2018.